Introduction to the LSCB Training Programme, Terms & Conditions, and Venues
Introduction to the LSCB Training Programme
Welcome to the Lewisham Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) training programme 2017- 2018.
This training supplements the single agency training provided by your organisation and aims to provide all professionals who work with Lewisham’s children and young people a variety of skills and knowledge in safeguarding practice to keep those who are vulnerable safe.
LSCB courses provide an opportunity to network, share information and ideas, and learn about the range of services available in Lewisham. Multi-agency training also facilitates a shared understanding and common language within agencies to better safeguard children and young people in the borough. It is crucial that staff are supported to attend single and multi-agency training as well as have a system in place to monitor how the knowledge and skills gained from training are transferred in everyday practice.
Individual agencies and employers are responsible for ensuring that their staff are competent and confident in carrying out their responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and in order to fulfil their safeguarding duties as identified in Working Together to Safeguard Children 2015.
The LSCB may provide additional training to what is listed in response to local or national developments. We recommend you review the training programme regularly and access the LSCB Safeguarding Briefings and Newsletters via our website.
All applicants must have completed the MeLearning Safeguarding Children - Level 1 course, or equivalent within the last 3 years prior to attending any other course.
Terms and Conditions
- All applicants must have completed the MeLearning Safeguarding Children - Level 1 course prior to attending any other LSCB course.
- LSCB multi-agency training is provided free of charge to those working with children and young people in the Borough of Lewisham.
- Cancellation of an allocated place requires a minimum of 5 working days’ notice in writing to the LSCB at firstname.lastname@example.org. Less than this time will incur a charge of £50.
- Non-attendance at a course will incur a charge of £50.
- Late arrival of more than 10 minutes may incur a charge of £50. It is at the trainers discretion if you permitted onto the course.
- Those who wish to leave training course early will not receive a Certificate of completion and your manager will be notified by the LSCB.
- All bookings will be made online @ http://www.safeguardinglewisham.org.uk/lscb/lscb/training/
- Multiple applications from a single agency or service will be accepted, however, should there be a high demand restrictions will be applied in order to accommodate a wide range of services and agencies.
- Applications after the booking closing date may be considered if places remain available. Applicants should telephone 020 8314 3396 to check if a place is available.
- A confirmation email with the venue details will be sent from the LSCB on the booking closing date which will usualy be one week prior to the course.
- All applicants agree to take part in the learning evaluation process, which will consist of:
- Stage 1 will be completed at the time of the booking.
- Stage 2 will be completed at the end of the course in exchange for the Certificate.
- Stage 3 will be applied to the Neglect; Understanding Gangs, Gang Activity and the Youth MARAC; and Domestic Violence – A Child Protection Concern courses. The applicant and their line manager agree to take part in an indepth questionnaire 3 months following the training.
- Queries can be made by email on email@example.com or by telephone 020 8314 3396
The venue will be confirmed in the booking confirmation email– please ensure you read this carefully. Most courses will take place at Kaleidoscope, the Town Hall Chambers, Civic Suite or the Owen Centre, Lewisham Hospital.
LSCB Training Programme 2017-2018