Multi-Agency Safeguarding Level 2
Target Group Professionals who work directly with children, young people and families, and who contribute to
assessing, planning, intervening, and reviewing the needs of a child or young person.
Schools should contact diane.parkhouse@Lewisham.org.uk for this learning.
Refresh: Every 3 years.
Trainer: Rahana Hussain
Times: 9:30am – 4:30pm
Dates: 9th January 2018 (this course is now full, more dates will follow)
Delegates: 20 places
Aims and Objectives:
This course is designed to build on participants knowledge of the need to work together to identify, assess and meet the needs of children where there are safeguarding concerns and their understanding of the impact of parenting issues on parenting capacity, addressing lack of cooperation gained in Level 1 training by:
- Ensuring a clear understanding of the safeguarding continuum of need.
- Re-visiting the signs and symptoms of child abuse
- Considering the Policy Legislative frameworks that underpin safeguarding
- Understanding of the importance of professional judgement in relation to Thresholds and Assessment
- Appreciating the impact of parental difficulties on members of the family system
- Exploring some of the barriers to effective multi-agency working.