Multi-Agency Safeguarding Level 2
Target Group Professionals who work directly with children, young people and families, and who contribute to
assessing, planning, intervening, and reviewing the needs of a child or young person.
Refresh: Every 3 years.
Trainer: Rahana Hussain
Times: 9:30am – 4:30pm
Dates: 15th May 2017
12th July 2017 (2 spaces available as of 30.05.17)
16th October 2017 - 12 spaces are available as of 11.08.17
9th January 2018
Delegates: 20 places
Aims and Objectives:
This course is designed to build on participants knowledge of the need to work together to identify, assess and meet the needs of children where there are safeguarding concerns and their understanding of the impact of parenting issues on parenting capacity, addressing lack of cooperation gained in Level 1 training by:
- Ensuring a clear understanding of the safeguarding continuum of need.
- Re-visiting the signs and symptoms of child abuse
- Considering the Policy Legislative frameworks that underpin safeguarding
- Understanding of the importance of professional judgement in relation to Thresholds and Assessment
- Appreciating the impact of parental difficulties on members of the family system
- Exploring some of the barriers to effective multi-agency working.