Supporting Young People Affected by Child Sexual Exploitation
Target Audience: Professionals who work with or who have regular contact with children and young people.
Trainer: Safer London
Dates: 25th May 2017
4th July 2017 - THIS DATE IS NOW FULL
26th September 2017
Time: 9:30 – 4:30
Delegates: 25 places
Aims and objectives:
- To understand what constitutes Child Sexual Exploitation
- Reflect on different values and attitudes and the impact they have when working with young people affected by CSE.
- Identify vulnerabilities, behaviours, and risk indicators for CSE.
- Develop an improved understanding of the additional vulnerabilities and risks for young women affected by gangs.
- Recognise internal and external safety for young people and use the tools provided to develop safety planning.
- Develop confident and robust responses to CSE disclosures.
- Develop an understanding of CSE prevention and intervention tools and related legislation, guidance, and procedures.
- Have a working knowledge of processes, resources, and support services available for young people affected by CSE.