Workshop to Raise Awareness of Prevent (WRAP)
Target Group: All professionals working with children, young people and adults in the Borough of Lewisham.
Aims and Objectives:
- Develop understanding of Prevent Strategy & roles within it
- Develop existing expertise & professional judgement in relation to extremism & radicalisation or recruitment to extremist groups
- Increase awareness of national/international picture of extremism & terrorism
- Improve confidence to raise concerns
- Raise awareness of Channel interventions; safeguarding the individual
- Increase whole organisation's capacity to prevent extremism & safeguard vulnerable people
Trainer: Martin Gormlie– Prevent Manager
Dates: 9th May 2017
13th December 2017
Time of Session: 12:00 - 14:00
Delegates: 50 places.
Application form for a Lunchtime Briefing
WRAP - Greater Depth
Dates: 28th September 2017
1st March 2018
Time of Session: 9:30 - 1:00
Delegates: 25 places.
Application form for WRAP - Greater Depth