Gangs, Exploitation & Effective Practice
Target Group: Professionals who work directly with children and young people
Trainer: Lewisham Serious Youth Violence Team
Time: 1:30pm to 5:00pm
Dates: Thursday 4th July 2019
Thursday 24th October 2019
Thursday 9th January 2020
Thursday 26th March 2020
Delegates: 20 places
Aims and Objectives:
- Raise awareness of the issues involving young people in serious youth violence and gangs in Lewisham.
- Will help you to identify and develop the key skills and techniques required to work with those involved in gangs and serious youth violence.
- Overview of the historical background to serious youth violence.
- Understand what processes and interventions are in place in Lewisham / Nationally to support practitioners and clients.
- Provide you with real problem solving scenarios to increase practical understanding of gang activity.
- Identify at the earliest stages possible whether a young person is involved in gangs and serious youth violence.
- The nature of gangs and other threats, including child sexual exploitation and grooming of children to deal drugs.
- Help you to make quality referrals to the Gangs Intervention Team.
- Basic knowledge of Lewisham gangs