Harmful Cultural Practice Conference
Target Group: Any professional working with children and young people in the Borough of Lewisham, Southwark or Royal Borough of Greenwich
Trainer: Debbie Crowder & Christine Roberts - Metropolitan Police
Time of Session: 9:30 - 13:30
Venue: Will be confirmed in the booking confirmation email.
Dates: Friday 13th October 2017
Delegates: 80 places
Aims and Objectives:
- This course aims to enhance workers’ knowledge, skills and understanding of how race, culture and / or faith and belief systems can impact on our safeguarding children practice.
- To increase understanding of the influence of own and families’ race, culture, faith or beliefs on the parenting of children
- An opportunity for workers to gain confidence in talking about their own and other people’s attitudes and beliefs – and how these might affect their judgment when providing services to children and families
- To improve good practice skills in these areas when leading or joining in assessments or offering any other services to children and their families
- To create opportunity during the day to talk about key local issues related to the course topics.