Introduction to Safeguarding Children & Young People in Lewisham - Lunchtime Briefing
Target Audience: Professionals who work with or who have regular contact with children and young people.
Trainer: Nikki Thorpe, Lewisham Safeguarding Children Board
Dates: Thursday 11th July 2019
Wednesday 25th September 2019
Thursday 28th November 2019
Tuesday 21st January 2020
Delegates: 20 places
Aims & Objectives
- Understanding the role and functions of your Safeguarding Children Partnership Board.
- Learn about key themes from serious child practice reviews, locally and nationally.
- Developing a child centred practice and a co-ordinated response to safeguarding children and young people.
- The need for professional curiosity
- What children and young people need from people who work with them.
- The role of safeguarding and child protection leads in your organisation.
- Introducing the role of the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
- Accessing appropriate training to increase your knowledge of safeguarding subjects.