Multi-Agency Safeguarding Level 3 - Designated Safeguarding Leads Training
Target Group Appointed Designated Safeguarding Leads.
Schools should contact diane.parkhouse@Lewisham.org.uk for this learning.
Refresh: Every 2 years.
Trainer: Rahana Hussain
Times: 9:30am – 4:30pm
Dates: 12th December 2017 - This date is full
More dates will be offered commencing April 2018.
Delegates: 20 places
Aims and Objectives:
This course is designed to build on participants knowledge of the need to work together to identify, assess and meet the needs of children where there are safeguarding concerns and their understanding of the impact of parenting issues on parenting capacity, addressing lack of cooperation and how to escalate concerns. Attendees are able to by the end of the day:
- advance knowledge of child protection
- what to do if a child is at risk
- reporting strategies/ policies and procedures. How this links in with Lewisham processes.
- Make aware of S17, S47 and what would be TAC/TAF around a child to gain preventative services. What services are available in Lewisham.
- describe the role of the designated lead and state key areas of responsibility.
- state the barriers inhibiting children from disclosing abuse and respond effectively to a child who does disclose.
- state the barriers to staff reporting concerns and develop methods of overcoming them.
- make appropriate decisions about the action to take when informed of a range of concerns about child or young person.
- explain the issues in connection with recording and sharing of information with key partners and agencies.
- How gaining consent works and role play around this or any of the above.
- The training is compliant with 'working together to safeguard children 2015' and 'keeping children safe in education July 2015'.