Understanding Gangs & Gang Activity; and the Youth Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC)
Target Group: Professionals who work directly with children and young people
Trainer: Fergus Downie, Neighbourhood Community Safety Team
Time: 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Dates: 13th June 2017 - This date is now full, we are not accepting any more bookings. Thank you.
4th October 2017
8th February 2018
Delegates: 20 places
Aims and Objectives:
- Raise awareness of the issues involving young people in serious youth violence and gangs in Lewisham.
- Will help you to identify and develop the key skills and techniques required to work with those involved gangs and serious youth violence.
- Myth busting media stereotypes as well as core beliefs surrounding gangs and serious youth violence.
- Overview of the historical background to serious youth violence.
- Understand what processes and interventions are in place to support practitioners.
- Provide you with real problem solving scenarios to increase practical understanding of gang activity.
- Identify at the earliest stages possible whether a young person is involved in gangs and serious youth violence.
- The nature of gangs and other threats, including child sexual exploitation and grooming of children to deal drugs.
- Help you to make quality referrals to the Gangs Intervention Team.