Complex Neglect of Children and Young People
||Professionals who work directly with children, young people and families, and who contribute to assessing, planning, intervening, and reviewing the needs of a child or young person
|Time of Session:
||9:30am to 3pm
||Thursday 21st October 2021, Tuesday 1st February 2022
Neglect is a feature in many families who safeguarding professionals work with and yet it is so hard for professionals who are involved to create successful interventions that turn it around. This course will explore why it is important to be analytical about neglect and will challenge current professional thinking. There will be a focus on effective multi agency interventions that create change for children and young people.
Aims and Objectives:
- To understand why neglect is complex and how to analyse neglect
- To gain knowledge about different types of neglect and how to approach the family
- To understand the impact of neglect on growing child and the seriousness of this on the growing child’s development
- To use tools for analysis in working out what the child’s lived experience is
- To gain knowledge in how to use multi agency meeting not to only share information but as an analytical tool to inform the planning process
- To develop ideas for creative plans that make a difference to children’s lives and create change in families where neglect is present
- Think differently about neglect
- Have an understanding of how to create more effective change
- Have ideas to take back to work with children, young people and their families to support them to improve their parenting and the quality of the child’s life.
Applications will be suspended on Monday 5th July - Tuesday 6th July, whilst a new Learning Management System is introduced.
View & Book