Serious Case Reviews Webinar Series of Challenge, Change & Professional Identity
Target Group: Any professional working with children and young people in the Borough of Lewisham.
Trainer: LSCP Partnership
Time of Session: 14:00 - 17:00
Dates: Wednesday 2nd December 2020
Delegates: 30 places This session is now full. The next webinar will take place in February 2020. We will advertise this as soon as possible.
Workshop 1 Aims and Objectives:
- Examining themes from Lewisham Serious Case Reviews & Learning Reviews: Cultural Competence in Safeguarding, Professional Curiosity, Information Sharing & Consent, and Building Positive Relationships with Parents / Carers
- Examining how learning themes from case reviews interact with professional identity and understanding of significant harm.
- Understanding learning highlighted by case review themes when working with complex and vulnerable families in a multi-agency context.
- Reflecting upon the nature of significant harm, and its impact for children and young people as outlined by these four themes in recent Serious Case Reviews & Learning Reviews
- Constructive practitioner challenge as to how key learning elements of these safeguarding themes can be internalised as integral elements of daily safeguarding practice.
- Interactive learning with a diverse group of child safeguarding professionals in Lewisham to develop safeguarding practice.