Our Strategy, Vision & Values
With over 300,000 residents, Lewisham is the 14th largest borough in London by population size and children make up 24.5% of the population.
We are an ethnically diverse borough with over two thirds of the children in our schools being from black and minority ethnic backgrounds with over 170 different languages spoken by pupils.
Our aim, backed up by what children, young people, parents, carers and those whose job it is to support them have told us, is that children in Lewisham should:
- Have the best start in life and be protected from harm
- Have good physical and emotional health
- Develop, achieve and be ready for adulthood
- Feel listened to, understood and respected, in a context of community diversity
To deliver our goals, we will:
- Put children and young people first every time
- Together with families, we will have the highest aspirations and ambition for all our children and young people
- Make a positive difference to the to the lives of children and young people
We will use evidence and analysis to set the Strategic Priorities which will form the focus of our activities. These priorities will be the areas that we believe are the key areas where, working in partnership, we can improve, develop and achieve our goals As a partnership, we are firmly committed to the belief that safeguarding of children is everyone’s business. Our Overarching Priorities are the areas that will be demonstrated across our safeguarding activity in the partnership and is integral to the way we work.
Our LSCP Strategic Priorities for 2023- 2025 are:-
- Child Exploitation - To reduce the risk of children/young people and families experiencing exploitation.
- Neglect - To improve outcomes for children and young people experiencing and those who are at risk of neglect.
- Think Family - To define and strengthen our Think Family approach to ensure that we consider families holistically in assessments, planning and intervention.
- Overarching priority: Voice of the child - To develop our approach to include the voice of the child and families throughout the partnership.
- Overarching priority: Measuring impact - To demonstrate across the partnership how we are making an impact and achieving positive outcomes for children and families
- Overarching priority: Anti- racist practice in partnership - To collectively explore and develop our approach to anti-racist practice in partnership.
Our LSCP Strategic Priorities for 2023- 2025 can also be found here LSCP Strategic Priorities 2023-2025
The LSCP have developed our shared values which we will demonstrate across the partnership.