Criminal Exploitation & Modern Slavery of Children & Vulnerable Adults
Target Group: Any professional working with children and young people in the Borough of Lewisham.
Trainer: Andy Jennings, Metropolitan Police
Time of Session: 9:30am to 12:30pm
Dates: Friday 19th March 2021
Wednesday 31st March 2021
Delegates: 40 spaces
- To increase your knowledge and understanding of the impact of children and young people who are criminally exploited and/or deemed at risk from – including going missing, county lines, and modern slavery and trafficking.
- Using professional curiosity to identify a child or young person who may be experiencing or at risk of child exploitation.
- Understanding the grooming process and how/why perpetrators choose their victims
- To understand the use and what the purpose of the National Referral Mechanism in regards to Modern Slavery and Trafficking of children.
- How to respond when you have identified a child or young person who is experiencing or is at risk of child exploitation