Violence Against Women & Girls & Domestic Homicide Reviews Webinar
Target Group: Any professional working with children and young people in the Borough of Lewisham.
Trainer: Charlene Noel - Violence Against Women & Girls Programme & Strategy Manager
Time of Session: 12:00 - 14:00
Dates: Thursday 10th June 2021
Wednesday 15th September 2021
Thursday 9th December 2021
Wednesday 9th February 2022
Aims and Objectives:
- The government definition of the different strands of Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG)
- To provide practitioners with an understanding of the terminology Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) and the strands it includes
- The course will cover local, national and international issues of VAWG and examine how VAWG is experienced by victims
- To discuss how Lewisham responds to VAWG and the Council’s VAWG policies
- To provide an understanding of the statutory requirements of conducting a domestic homicide review (DHR) in Lewisham.
- To understand the recommendations made from previous DHRs and how they are meant to be implemented.
- To examine and understand the common themes found in the most recent DHRs conducted in Lewisham.
- Looking closely out how learning from DHRs is embedded within frontline practice for professionals within Lewisham.
- Examining a case study of a DHR.