Safeguarding Vulnerable Children & Young People from Extremism (WRAP)
Target Group: All professionals working with children, young people and adults in the Borough of Lewisham.
Trainer: Sabera Ahsan, Prevent Team
Dates & Times: Wednesday 18th November 2020, 12noon to 2pm
Thursday 28th January 2021, 8:30am 10:30am
Session for Childminders
Capacity: 30 places.
Aims and Objectives:
- Develop an understanding of the Prevent Strategy & roles within it
- Develop existing expertise & professional judgement in relation to extremism & radicalisation or recruitment to extremist groups
- Increase awareness of national/international picture of extremism & terrorism
- Raise awareness of the links between online risks and radicalisation
- Improve confidence to raise concerns
- Raise awareness of Channel interventions; safeguarding the individual
- Increase whole organisation's capacity to prevent extremism & safeguard vulnerable people
Session for Childminders Only Wednesday 25th November 2020 at 6:30pm Application Form