Safeguarding Vulnerable Children & Young People from Extremism (WRAP)
Target Group: All professionals working with children, young people and adults in the Borough of Lewisham.
Trainer: Sabera Ahsan, Prevent Team
Time: 12 noon until 2pm
Dates: Wednesday 9th June 2021
Tuesday 28th September 2021
Thursday 2nd December 2021
Capacity: 30 places.
Aims and Objectives:
- Develop an understanding of the Prevent Strategy & roles within it
- Develop existing expertise & professional judgement in relation to extremism & radicalisation or recruitment to extremist groups
- Increase awareness of national/international picture of extremism & terrorism
- Raise awareness of the links between online risks and radicalisation
- Improve confidence to raise concerns
- Raise awareness of Channel interventions; safeguarding the individual
- Increase whole organisation's capacity to prevent extremism & safeguard vulnerable people